You are here: Reports > Drug Interaction Report
Drug Interaction Report
The Drug Interaction Report allows you to determine
possible drug interactions for multiple drugs. The results are grouped
based on the severity of the interaction (for example, Severe/High Severity).
At the end of the Drug Interaction report is a listing of potential therapeutic
You can also begin a Drug Interaction report while
in a monograph by selecting the Drug Interaction Report link (located in the Reports
drop-down menu). When the report is selected, the monograph drug is automatically
added as the first drug in the report list.
If you do not want to include the monograph drug,
click to remove the drug from the list.
menu and selectDrug
- In the Search for Drug,
Select to Add to Report text box, type at least three or more letters
of the drug/product name. As you type, Clinical Pharmacology presents
drug/product names that contain the search string. Narrow your search
by typing as much of the drug/product name as possible.
- When the result of the search displays in the text box,
click Add to add the drug product
to the list. If multiple drugs are listed, select the drug name from the
list to add the drug product to the list.
- Continue to add one or more additional drugs.
- To remove a drug, click delete to the left of the drug you want to remove
or click Clear List to remove
all drugs listed.
- Select the individual Lifestyle
factors to include in the report (for example, Caffeine) or select the
All check box to quickly add all
- Select the report type:
- the report is written in language appropriate for healthcare professionals
- the report is written in language appropriate for consumers
- Click Run Report.
- From the Drug Interaction
Report window you can:
- Click to close all open severity levels.
- Click to open all closed severity levels.
- Click to open individual severity levels.
- Click to close individual severity levels.
- Click a severity level (for example,
Level 1 Severe, Level 2 Major) to view .
The definitions are customized based on whether the report is for healthcare
professionals or consumers.
- View any Therapeutic
Duplications at the end of the report.
- Re-run the report for the other
report type (either Professional or Consumer) using the same drug list
by clicking Show Report Criteria
and selecting the report type.
- Click Show Report Criteria to
display the report building screen.
- Click Hide Report Criteria to
hide the report building information and increase the content viewing
- Click Clear
List to create another Drug Interaction report.
- Click Print .
The report will print in the format that is displayed
on the screen. For example, if Severity Levels 1 and 2 are open but Levels
3 and 4 are closed, the printed report will not include the information
for Levels 3 and 4.
However, if after clicking the Print
button you want to change the print format: